sábado, 6 de junio de 2020

A Photograph (?) that I like

I don't really like taking photos and photographs in general. Because of this i am going to "twists" the "rules" of this bloggs a little and instead of talk about a photo, I am going to talk about a frame of a movie that i really like.


"Inglorius Bastreds" it's a movie directed by Quentin Tarantino relased in 2009, that happens in an alternative world during de second world war. The directon of photograph in this movie is really good and this image is a good example. The photograph in this movie was directed for Robert Richardson, I think what it's okay to give him the autorship of this image.

This image has a very marked baroque style, whit a strong contrast between two of the movie protagonist (Spoiler alert). For one side we can see in the distance a Shosanna Dreyfus, a jewish teenager escaping to freedom, just after all her family died and she is the only survivor, she is runing in a well lit french plain. For the other side we can see a Hans Landa Colonel of  the SS, who just murdered the shosanna's family and now leave the house to try to kill her, both the house and the colonel are in the dark, highlighting the atrocity that just happened and from wich Shosanna is escaping.

I like this image because of this unconvencional frame, full of contrast and that can be given different interpretation of the lighting and colors.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario